Monday, June 1, 2020

Ceaseless Peripatetic

Walking, joyously contemplating proactive habits.
I’ve been an evangelist for so many things -
Vocationally held beliefs,
Occupationally instilled processes,
Coerced beliefs acquiesced to for expediency.

The death of death is the beginning of life and
Fear of punishment a limp cudgel.
And I place myself under its obedience.
For ill.
For ease that repeats its smarting blows.

And when on the road the mind grows
Boundless out of the six walls of society.
To the distant past, the fogged future,
The soul may ascend into the
Pillar of kiln-smoke wrapping the quaking flame.

On the blacktop runway, a foe arises.
Newly arrived, this minivan affronts my mindful reverie
Some parent urged by social tyranny of choice
Pilots this convention of chattel life.
And now it is directed at me.

And my course never errs,
Though it may be a foolish decision.
My focus is on the headlight – I only ever look in one eye.
I approach, the beacon grows. 
Background still as foreground quivers.

The peaceful primordial pull of thoughts
Beckons the return to simple contemplation –
Simplicity interfacing with the world is the first casualty.
Long leg strides unabated.
The orbits of my body focused in their line.

I approach, the vehicle draws closer.
From within, the desire to maintain course of the psyche.
From without, danger at the rush of the earthen elements danger.
Ground recedes at an unnatural rate
As I ease to one side or the other.

The vehicle is next to me and there was no driver at all.
It wasn’t moving, I was,
And I stepped to the side, and the obstacle was no more.
I was moving on,
Safe and returning inward to receive the law of the noetic mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment